Monday, April 23, 2018

Where I've Been

OK so as you have probably noticed, I haven't posted much. And I have an excuse. I mean, it's a good one. I wasn't going to say anything here since I don't talk a huge amount about my personal life but I feel like I should explain.

I'm pregnant!
Just about 6 mos along now. We're not posting anything about it to social. I mean, it's not a secret or anything but we just decided to keep it from there. Besides, my social media is a curated collection of ridiculous gifs, book news, food pictures, random resistance posts, and bitching about public transportation. I have an image to maintain and all.

And with that I wasn't originally planning on saying anything on the blog until Thor (I've been calling the fetus Thor since the beginning since we don't plan on sharing the name til he's here and it often feels like there's a god of thunder in there) gets here. But I also thought I would keep up with my my normal blogging schedule because why would things change?
Yeah...that's fair
Instead, hahaha, turns out this pregnancy thing is a lot of work. Or at least it feels like a lot of work as I am exhausted all the time. And nauseous a lot (though getting better. More good days than bad but still...). And heartburn. And weird pains. And did I mention exhausted? So after a long day at work (which seems to be OMG SO BUSY ALL THE TIME) I don't have the energy to do much more than watch (and rewatch) The Great British Bake-Off and play Sudoko on my phone. Things that require very little brain function. Which includes writing here (and even comments on other people's posts, as I'm sure you'll notice me commenting on posts of yours that are like a month old). I try to write posts on the weekend but since I get nothing done during the week, weekends tend to be busy with the same level of weekday exhaustion.

So this is to say I haven't been around but I have a good excuse and it may take some time til I'm back to a normal (or new normal) schedule BUT I will be back here posting. I like writing about books. I'm still reading. I love reading other people's blog posts and commenting on them and this community is just the best.