Monday, July 3, 2017

June Reading Wrap-Up

June was a pretty good month. I got to spend time with Alice and Emily and fellow book bloggers are THE BEST. Let's plan more time for everyone to get together, yes? Good.

Tom and I also spent some time down at Disney and Universal, and even the ran could not bring down our spirits (cos OH MAN, there was so much rain while we were down there). Though walking around in a downpour for like 45 min was NOTHING compared to how wet we got on Splash Mountain and I KNOW, it's in the name so it should be assumed. But I've ridden it a zillion times and never gotten that wet before. We should have just jumped in the water. 

And of course I dragged Tom around (1/2) of Harry Potter world* and it was really well done. I don't know why that surprised me but they managed to make Diagon Alley in such a way that the rest of the park disappears. (Also, it took us a while to find it. I didn't know they would hide it.)

But anyway, that was June, and things were fun but lets focus on the books. So specifically, onto the stats.

Number of books read
5
Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell (THANK YOU, Emily!)
White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg
I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual by Luvvie Ajayi
Sex Object: A Memoir by Jessica Valenti
Atlanta Burns by Chuck Wendig

Number of pages read
1,220

Fiction
40%

Female authors
80%
POC authors
20%

US authors
80%

Book formats
ebook: 40%
hardback: 20%
paperback: 40%

Where'd I get the book
Chain bookstore: 20%
Gift: 20%
Indie bookstore: 20%
Kindle/Audible: 40%

Blogger reco
60%

Books by decade
2010s: 100%

Books by genre
Essays: 20%
History: 20%
Memoir: 20%
Thriller: 20%
YA: 20%

Resolution books
Not 0% but could be way better
20%
I'm Judging You is both by a POC author and a non-US author (originally from Nigeria, though she moved to the States when she was young).

*You gotta pay for 2 parks to see all of HP and dude, this trip was already expensive, I can't do that. Not now. At some point, I'm sure I will. But I was bitter to learn to see all HP you had to pay for 2 separate parks.