Friday, March 10, 2017

Just a Few of My Fav Book Covers

It's been a busy week/I am quite lazy so instead of a review, why don't we look at some of my favorite book covers?

Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
You guys, I dunno what it is but I luuurve this cover. Like to the point where I've seen other covers and my first thought is "WHY would you do that? Why would you 'fix' what isn't broken?"



Gulp by Mary Roach
This cover just makes me laugh. So simple. So effective.

Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The font, the design, is so perfect for Coraline. This is the correct atmosphere for the book. Some of the others are a little cartoony for me and this book is seriously creepy, children's book or not.

Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
Maybe it's because I love this book so much, but I am a fan of this cover. Simple, bold colors. This one stands out.

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
I feel like this cover is a combination of the ones above. It has simple, geometric shapes, a lot of red and black (which I guess I really like, although I wouldn't have guessed it before), large font.

The Kings and Queens of Roam by Daniel Wallace
Now for something a little different. It's colorful, the shapes are mre organic, sure it's still text heavy but it feels different than the others.

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
Very much not to be confused with 50 Shades of Grey, this cover sort of bridges the gap between the ones up top and The Kings and Queens of Roam. It's busy, colorful but still a lot of red and black (and grey, of course), and text makes up a large share of the design.

Alright, that's what I got. What have I missed?