Sunday, February 19, 2017

What Red Did This Week

Look at this, three weeks in a row. Oh man, that's pretty impressive, me.
This time it's even on the right day. (Right date = the day I planned on posting this).

Citizening
  • Reached out to White House (per ACLU reco) about the leaked Executive Order that would allow people to discriminate basically against anyone not white, Christian and straight
  • Reached out to local reps about concerns about the ongoing news of the Administration's ties to Russia because OMG YOU GUYS
  • Reached out to my local rep about the amount of money Drumpf is costing taxpayers, because the terrible things coming out of the administration spans all topics, and since my local rep is a Republican, I figure this is something that will appeal to that side. Also WTF STOOOOOP
  • It's the middle of Feb, so I made my monthly donation, this time to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Reading
I finished up Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly and am just about done with All Our Wrong Todays by Elan Mastai and deciding what to start next (Do I read The Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae? Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward? Invasive by Chuck Wendig? Something else entirely?) I'm also still listening to Order of the Phoenix but for some reason chapters 11-14 are not loading properly, which is a PAIN.

Podcasting
Still more of the same (My Fav Murder, How Did This Get Made?, Oh Witch Please). I haven't started it yet, but I did subscribe to the podcast Can He Do That? which is from the Washington Post about Tr*mp. I haven't listened yet because for the most part podcasts are my lighthearted escape (yes, even when I listen to Stuff You Missed in History or Freakonomics or Serial) and this just seems like it will be a stress causer. BUT it also seems like something I should know about.

Also, I was listening to My Fav Murder at work when someone snuck up on me and asked what I was listening to. Since he caught me off guard I didn't think to make up something else and just sheepishly said "Oh, um, well, it's My Favorite Murder. So. Yeah." Luckily he was fairly cool with this and we talked about some other podcasts and I didn't get an email for HR or something. 

Listening
As I predicted last week, I'd probably spend the week listening to the Book of Mormon soundtrack and yup, that's what I did. Current fav song from the show, "You and Me (But Mostly Me)" because I heart songs by pompous people (What's up, "Popular" from Wicked.)