Monday, April 4, 2016

March Reading Wrap-Up

I was sitting around, thinking about how I need to write a post, but I just ate pie made with roughly ALL THE (delicious, delicious) SUGAR so I'm in no condition to write something coherent. Then I remembered that a month ended and I can write a month end wrap up cos those are mostly just numbers, so no coherency anyway. So hey, let's get to those stats!

One update: I figure since I'm slowly (sooooo slowly) linking my reviews to my Goodreads account, I'd include my star ratings here. I think my gif ratings are ultimately more accurate (and entertaining) but given I haven't actually reviewed any of these yet, I don't actually have the gifs picked out. Damn my procrastination.

Total books finished
3
The Bullet by Mary Louise Kelly (2 stars)
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan (4 stars)
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (4 stars)

Total pages read
1,353

Fiction
67%

Female authors
67%

White authors
33%

US authors
33%

Book formats
paperback: 67%
ebook: 33%

Where'd I get the book
Kinde: 33%
Indie bookstore: 33% (The Strand, in this case)
Just The Right Book: 33%

Rereads
0%

Review books
0%

Readalong/book club picks
0%

Blogger reco
0%

Translation
0%

Books by decade
2010s: 100%

Books by genre
Biography: 33%
Rom Com: 33%
Thriller: 33%

Resolution books
67%
Crazy Rich Asians - PoC author and author not from the US (at least not originally, though he lives here now)
I Am Malala - PoC author and author not from the US, nor does she live here now