Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Reading Wrap Up

OK, first up, biggest success of the month is finishing Hamilton. Wait, no, biggest success is seeing Hamilton, but finishing the book is a close second. My shoulder is pretty happy I won't be lugging that book around with me anymore. Otherwise things are same ol', same ol' here. Work is going, house is still standing (heat has remained on though there's a new leak in the basement we need to deal with). I'll need to start going through the books to start culling things down, but we'll see when I actually get around to that. But anyway, let's take a look at the stats

Total books finished
3
Hamilton by Ron Chernow
Church of Marvels by Leslie Parry
Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture by Peggy Orenstein

Total pages read
1,414

Fiction
33%

Female authors
67%

White authors
100%

US authors
100%

Book formats
paperback - 33%
ebook - 67%

Where'd I get the book
gift - 33%
Kindle - 67%

Rereads
0%

Review Books
0%

Readalongs/Book Club picks
33%

Blogger recos
33%

Translations
0%

Books by decade
2000s - 33%
2010s - 67%

Books by genre*
Biography - 33%
Mystery - 33%
Pop culture - 33%

Resolution books
0%

Alright, so goal for next month is just "do better". That's a low bar. Let's see if I can jump it.

*When I can't figure out the genre, I look at how Amazon has organized it. Of course, Amazon puts things in multiple categories and I only put them in one, so then I just pick whichever one I feel like. Picking genres is hard.