Monday, August 3, 2015

July Reading Wrap-Up

July's are apparently a busy month for me. Last year it was that whole wedding thing. This year we FINALLY sold our Long Island place and closed on our new place in NJ. And we had 2 weddings to go to. So I got less posts written than any other month since I started this blog (whoops) I did get a fair amount of reading done. Let's see how I did

Number of books read
5
A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin
The Martian by Andy Weir
Self-Inflicted Wounds by Aisha Tyler
Men Explain Things To Me by Rebecca Solnit
The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan

Number of pages read
2,169

Percentage of fiction
60%

Percentage of female authors
60%

Percentage of white authors
80% - NOT 100%! Small victories

Percentage of US authors
100% ah, dammit

Book formats
ebooks - 100% all my for real books were packed and there were lots of Kindle sales

Percentage of rereads
20% - had to re-read The Martian once I started talking about the movie

Percentage of review books
0%

Books by decade
2000s - 20%
2010s - 80%
ALL modern. Oops

Books by genre
Fantasy - 20%
Sci Fi - 20%
Memoir - 20%
Essays - 20%
Lit Fic (I guess?) - 20%

Resolution books
20% BUT NOT NOTHING!
Thank you, Aisha Tyler, for saving my stats this month. And for being hilarious. It only covers one criterion (non-white author) but that's enough, especially when that's the category I've been struggling the most to hit.

Hopefully I'll do a bit better in August but this wasn't too shabby. Now, to go work on unpacking some more...