Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bookish questionnaire or Yay procrastination

I was thinking how I really need to write a post. And then I was thinking "But I am lazy". And then Sarah posted a bookish questionnaire and HOORAY for a distraction. Thanks, Sarah.

1. What is your favorite fictional food or drink? I am drawing a blank here, so we're off to a good start. Maybe the food from Alice in Wonderland, given it is the only thing I am coming up with. Yeah, let's go with that.

2. How long did it take you to finish your last book?
Not very long but then again the last book I finished was a graphic novel and those tend to go pretty quickly because I am probably not paying enough attention to the pictures.
3. How many times do you stare at your books or bookshelves each day?
Only when I'm trying to figure out what to read. Or if I'm looking for a particular book. The shelves are in the living room & bedroom so I see them a lot so I guess that time too.

4. How many Goodreads friends and books do you have?
Um some? And more than that? I'm not sure. There's something like 200 books on my I should read this list, I know that much.

5. Do you ever quote books in public?
I've slowly begun to realize how much of what I say is a quote of something (movie, tv show, maybe a book). If I traveled back in time no one would understand me. It'd be a mess.

6. Do you ever reread books?
Less in recent years than I used to because since I've been blogging I now have a billion books I NEED to read thus less "eh, I need something to read, I'll do this one again."

7. Do you judge a book by its cover?
Yeah, sure. Sometimes a really pretty cover will catch my eye. Oftentimes a crappy cover will turn me away. I get those BookBub emails with discount books each day and yeah, there's a lot of judging going on there.

8. Instagram, Twitter, or Tumblr?
Twitter and Tumblr. I have Instagram but never use it.

9. Which genres take you the longest to read?
Classics. Books that are generally harder/denser? Yes, those.

10. Who are your favorite BookTubers (or Book Bloggers)?
So many. You know who you are. (If you think it's you then yes, you're probably right)

11. How often do you pre-order books?
Um, never? I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a book. 

12. Are you a shopaholic?
No?

13. How many times have you reread your favorite book?
A zillion. Or like 7. That's a good number.
14. Do you own a lot of books?
So many. I think I'm on the verge of saying too many. There may be a giveaway at some point.

15. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them?
I do not. I rarely take pictures of my books.

16. Do you read every day?
Not always a book but yes.
17. How do you choose a new book?
Sometimes I have a stack of books I'm planning on reading. Sometimes I just stare at my bookshelf hoping something will jump out. Sometimes I scan through my Goodreads TBR list until I find a book I want to read.
18. Do you always have a book with you?
Usually.
19. What are your biggest distractions from reading?
The internet. The tends to be the biggest distraction at a time when I could be reading. But also the usual stuff. TV, work, chores (ugh adulthood), working out. But really, it's usually the a mixture of laziness and the internet.

20. What is your favorite place to buy books?My favorite places are independent bookstores. I like shopping at my local store (even if I think it could be laid out better for browsing), I liked the bookstore I lived near in Boston, I like The Strand (even if it's suuuuper crowded). But I'm also fine buying from chains like B&N. Or Amazon. Or Costco. Just books, gimmie.

So hey, that was fun. Good times!