Friday, August 1, 2014

July Reading Wrap-Up

July is done. I had been waiting for July for a long time now and now it's passed and it was amazing. Well amazing for things I did (you know, LIKE GOT MARRIED) but not so much on the reading side. Who woulda thunk a wedding would take up so much time? Well actually 2 weddings (mine and a friend's earlier in the month) PLUS the honeymoon. Which we went on with a bunch of people.

There WILL be wedding posts. And honeymoon posts. And that second travel post about my time in LA (for that other wedding). I promise. These are things that will happen. I don't know when. Or what order. (We won't be getting wedding photos for at least a month and I figure you'd probably like a few photos from that thing [cos you keep yelling at me for photos] so the post may need to wait for those.)

But see all that travel and event stuff? I didn't get much reading done in July. At all. Like less than I thought. Like "Hmm there must be a mistake here" type thing. Although I don't think there is. The only other book I'm currently reading is How To Build A Girl (which is SO GOOD and if you aren't reading it now you should make sure to pre-order it) but that readalong has not finished (alas cos OMG I just want to read the whole thing and yay because then we get to stretch it out) so it won't count here. But now let's see what did count.

Number of books read
2
The Martian by Andy Weir
One Summer by Bill Bryson

Number of pages read
893

Percentage of fiction read
50%

Percentage of female authors
0% - I'd say "whomp" here but it was only 2 books. I can't get too mad when the sample size is so low.

Percentage of white authors
100%

Percentage of US authors
100%

Percentage of ebooks
50%

Percentage of rereads
0% although I did start re-reading SuperFreakonomics but then got distracted by other books. Which is prob also why I completed so few books this month.

Percentage of review books
0%

Books written by decade
2010s - 100%

Books by genre
Sci fi - 50%
American history - 50%

At least the percentages were easy to calculate this month.

I also realized, in addition to all of those travel posts I need to write, I am way, way behind on reviews. Not only do I have these 2 books from July, but I still have 2 June books I've yet to review. August is going to be a busy month...