Monday, November 5, 2012

October Reading Wrap Up

We got our power back! Huzzah. Having heat and electricity again is so nice. Now we just need to make a grocery trip to restock our fridge. Of course there's a nor'eastern supposed to hit us later this week so maybe we should hold off on getting a lot of perishable foods. I hope they're able to restore power to those who still don't have it before this other storm hits. Or even better, Mother Nature, if you could just send that nor'eastern somewhere else, that'd be nifty.

This was a bad reading month for me. I mean, it was good because we I took part in the super fun Grapes of Wrath readalong. But whenever I do a readalong I seem to get no other reading done. Which happened this month where I finished all of 2 books. Granted, I spent a good chunk of the month reading another book that I never finished because I needed to put it down for awhile. Le sigh.

Here are those stats.

Number of books
2
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt

Number of pages read
1,008

Percentage of fiction read
100%

Percentage of female authors
0%

Percentage of white authors
100%

Percentage of ebooks
50%

Books written by decade
1930s - 50%
2010s - 50%

Look at that. Not even any Halloween books. I did start reading Pet Semetary and was hoping to finish it by the end of the month, but I'm going to go ahead and blame Sandy for that. Also me for not doing the reading but still. Sandy, you suck.