Thursday, August 2, 2012

July Reading Wrap Up

Summer is FLYING by. I guess that happens when summer is less "vacation time" and more "those months that are hotter than the other months". Damn being in the real world. So this month was a good one for me, what with the whole engagement thing* and all. Reading wise, I did a lot of it but the percentages aren't great. That's alright though. I'll live. Without further ado, here are the stats

Number of books read
7

Number of pages read
1,734

Percentage of fiction read
86%

Percentage of female authors
14%

Percentage of white authors
86%

Percentage of US authors
57%

Percentage of eBooks
43%

Percentage of challenge books
29%

Books written by decade
1890s - 29%
1990s - 29%
2000s - 14%
2010s - 29%
(I rounded up if you're wondering why that adds up to 101. If you bothered to do the math. If you didn't then, nevermind, the math is perfect. Move along.)

Those stats look better than I thought. I mean I still need more ladies and more not white people, but I did pretty good reading some non-US people. Those challenge books helped. I'm looking forward to August reading because it's Alice's Moonstone readalong and it is going to be wonderful. If you haven't signed up yet it technically already started but I assume you could join anyway. Or just read it and enjoy the gifs.

*For those that are interested, I'm thinking of doing wedding-ish updates on Sundays. Thus far I have had none but if I have one, I'll do it that day. I figure those that want BOOKS ONLY can easily pass those by.