Monday, April 2, 2012

March Reading Wrap-Up!

Another month done. April always takes me by surprise. Probably because my birthday is the end of March, and I seem unable to really grasp that time will go on after my birthday passes. Cos I'm mature like that. Also I remembered Boyfriend's birthday this past March. So maybe I am maturing. Or at least all of my reminders are finally working.

I've done a better job this month of reading books by female authors. And some of that wasn't even me really trying to do it. So go me.

Separate news, I saw The Hunger Games movie and everyone's right: it was excellent and I never went "the book is so much better!" I did look around the audience and go "There are a LOT of children under the age of 10 here. That seems...well, they're your kids, I guess you know if this will scar them forever or not."

Now to the stats!

Number of books read
6
My Mother She Killed Me, My Father She Ate Me ed. by Kate Bernheimer*
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
The Green Mile by Stephen King
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Total pages read
2,611

Percentage of fiction read
100%

Percentage of female authors
67%

Percentage of white authors
100% - whoops. Had an OK month in February but I seem to have backslid

Percentage of US authors
67%

Percentage of ebooks
0% and I somehow managed to ignore my Kindle for an entire month

Percentage of challenge books
33% - 2 whole challenge books! Win

Books written by decade
1950s - 17%
1990s - 17%
2000s - 50%
2010s - 17%

OK, so as usual I should probably work on reading some books that are older than me and some by non-white people. At least I managed to get some female authors read. Baby steps people, baby steps. I am at least taking a step in the right direction. I'm participating in Alice's Woman in White readalong so that covers a) it's older than I am, and b) challenge book!

*Yes, yes I know I didn't technically finish this one. But I was all of 30 some odd pages away, so I'm counting it. Take that, stats that I keep for myself.