Thursday, November 3, 2011

October Reading Wrap-Up

I know I'm a little late with this. But just like with the last post, I have a good excuse. See I was going to write this yesterday and instead of doing that I watched the latest episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia that was sitting on the DVR. So yeah, I'm super busy over here.

I didn't do that great with my reading last month and decided to continue the trend. I don't know where the time is going, but I'm clearly not paying enough attention. Maybe I'll participate in a read-a-thon at some point so I can do a little better with the whole reading thing.

For my author stats I was going to look at each of the short stories authors in Horrorscape separately. And then I realized how much more work that would be when one of the authors (Juleen Brantigham) didn't have a Wikipedia page, which is how I check on most of that information.

Number of books read
4
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
Choke On Your Lies by Anthony Neil Smith
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
Horrorscape edited by Gary Goshgarian

Total pages read
1,098

Percentage of fiction read
100%

Percentage of female authors
0% except for at least one and possible 2 of the authors in Horrorscape


Percentage of white authors
75%

Percentage of US authors
75%

Percentage of eBooks
75%

Percentage of rereads
25%

Books written by decade
1950s - 25%
1980s - 25%
1990s - 25%
2010s - 25%
very even...

So still kinda pathetic, although my goal from September for the month was "read more" and I did that so mission accomplished. Maybe my goal for this month will be "OK, now read even more!" Let's see how I do.