Wednesday, May 25, 2011

World Book Night & a free book

Have you heard of World Book Night before? I hadn't until sometime at the end of March when I had the opportunity to join in, courtesy of Birdie over at Birdie's Nest. World Book Night, at least the small part of it I'm taking part in, is a way to share books and see how they travel across the globe. Birdie mentioned the author Muriel Spark as someone to read, I commented that she sounded interesting (She writes books with sharp, sly humour, but they also engage important issues and have excellent characterization) and Birdie responded that she just happened to have a copy of one of Spark's books, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, as part of World Book Night and did I want to be the next recipient? Free book? Hell yes!

Now I have a new book sitting on my TBR pile, which I'll get to as soon as I'm done with King's Dreamcatcher. Only a portion of this post was meant to be me bragging about free book and telling you about World Book Night. The rest of it is to ask, who wants in on this next? All you have to do is register the book when you receive it, so we can see where the book has gone and then send it along to another person once you're done. I haven't read the book yet, so I can't tell you if it's amazing, meh or terrible. Instead here's a link to the Amazon page for it.  If you're interested just let me know. If more than one person is interested I'll throw names into a hat or something to pick a random person. I'm still working my way through Dreamcatcher so it may be a little while until I send it along. So heads up.