Monday, January 31, 2011

January Reading Wrap-Up

At the end of the year lots of fellow bloggers set up some sort of year end wrap-up of their 2010 reading. I didn't do one because the only tracking I've done is whatever I wrote about on my blog, which I'd started in the spring of last year. I know I've mentioned this before, so apologies for the dead horse being beaten, but I loved the stats Brenna put together and decided to steal her idea and do it myself this year. Not one to miss a chance for an easy personal wrap-up, here's how my stats are looking for the end of January.*  I'm only including books I've finished in the month.

Number of books read
4
Total pages read
1,565

Percentage of fiction read
50%

Percentage of female authors
50%

Percentage of white authors

100%

Percentage of authors from the US
100%

Percentage of books written in the 2000s
100%

Percentage of re-reads
0% - this one is surprising, for me anyway. I tend to re-read a lot. 


So I'm doing pretty good on my male to female split and that's about it. Other than that they're all white from the US and their books were written in the 2000s. I'll need to work on that.  Unfortunately the next book I have on the list is also by a white author from the US, written in the 2000s.

I'm not worried about the fiction/non-fiction split.  I'm surprised it's so even right now but I'm sure that won't last for too long.

Also I've tried fixing the formatting on this post about 12 times but it's still a little wonky. I don't care enough to keep trying it since it's minimal. Plus I haven't had much sleep so if I keep trying and failing odds are good I'm going to throw my computer.  Given I'm at work that will have all sorts of bad consequences. Apologies if the formatting bugs you.

*I may make this a regular thing, or I may lose interest in a month.  I'm fickle like that.