Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Couple More Book Bloggers You Should Check Out

I haven't done a post about bloggers you should know in awhile so I was planning on doing a post this week.  Normally on Tuesday I would take part in the Top Ten Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish but this week's topic is Top Ten Characters with Awful Names and while I usually don't make it to 10, this week I couldn't make it past one.  Rather than embarrass myself* I figured I'd skip the top ten and instead get around to listing other blogs that I think you should take a peek at.

Pens with Cojones - First and foremost, don't you just love that blog name?  Makes you jealous you didn't think of it first, doesn't it?  Mayowa is a literary writer that focuses on the literary world.  Every once in awhile he has a post reviewing a book but mostly the posts are about the writing industry.  The Case for Censorship and Literary Protectionism? and Writing Social Commentary: Do Words Still Have Power? are 2 of my favorite posts.

Entomology of a Bookworm - This is a book lovers blog.  There are some book reviews, some great book accessoriesfunny book-ish comics and web images, and general book topics. The site has a little bit of everything, which is great if you have blog ADD. (I have totally self-diagnosed myself so I have no idea if this is actually a better site if you do have ADD.  But really, only one way to know...)

*I embarrass myself all the time, so why stop now.  The only character name I could come up with is Renesmee which means, yes I have read the Twilight series.  (Stop judging me.) Meyers seems to have known that this was a stupid name since she has pretty much every character make fun of it.